You Need a Team You Can Count On
By: Dave Adamczyk (CFEI,CFII,WRT,FSRT,AMRT,CDS)
DON’T place fans on mold damaged areas. When you blow air onto mold it will disperse tiny harmful spores into the air, quickly and negatively affecting the air quality.
DON’T try to kill the mold. Dead mold spores are just as harmful as living mold spores.
DON’T spray the mold with bleach and other household chemicals. It’s futile and may actually stimulate more growth.
DON’T paint or varnish over mold and assume it’s eliminated. There is still a reservoir of potentially damaging spores inside the structure, and paint will quickly peel to reveal the damage again.
DON’T think that mold won’t hurt you. Mold is an airborne pathogen and can adversely affect your health, no matter how healthy you are otherwise.
DO wear personal protection that includes a respirator with P100 hepa filtration cartridges, gloves and a hazmat suit.
DO put up containment with plastic sheeting to limit the spread of spores.
DO use a hepa vacuum and negative air pressure to ventilate and filter the air in the space.
DO have a professional mold inspection to show where all the areas are that contain mold spores and to ensure that the problem is handled completely.
DO call a professional mold removal and remediation expert to get a complete evaluation of your situation and a quick solution to your problem. Do-it-yourself work on mold damage can be potentially risky to both your structure and your health, so bring in an experienced and trained technician to make sure you and everyone in your home or business remain safe.
Need more help? Contact ABSOLUTE SERVICE today for your "How to remove mold" needs. Give us a call at 248-655-7100.